Pictured with Kandide is a wonderful vegan desert recipe. It’s the perfect red, white, and blue desert for the 4th of July or any other day. She calls it Star Spangled Berries. You’ll call it delicious.
The coconut whipped cream recipe is curtsy of an amazing lady, Nancy Montuori. She’s the founder of a very cool website: https://www.ordinaryvegan.net
There are so many yummy recipes on her site, you may not have enough days to try them all.
Star Spangled Berries
- 1 package organic Blueberries
- 1 package organic Strawberries
- Wash and gently mix in serving bowl
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 13-14 ounce can unsweetened, full fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons of vegan sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight. (Minimum 8 hours)
- Place a large metal bowl and electric beaters from your hand mixer in the freezer for one hour before preparing the whipped cream.
- Open the cold can of coconut milk without shaking it. Remove the coconut cream solids only into the cold mixing bowl avoiding any of the liquid. (You can save the liquid for smoothies, puddings or overnight oats)
- Using an electric mixer with the chilled beaters, beat the coconut cream on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat another minute. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- To create the stars, spoon the whipped cream into an icing bag with a large star-shaped nozzle, then decorate the berries.